Instructions for clearing expired DigiCert SSL certificate on OSX
* Visiting several sites, such as github, gravatar, twitter’s CDN results in “invalid certificate” errors
* For example: http://i.imgur.com/8gPRfI3.png
- Launching Keychain Access via Spotlight
- Type “Keychain Access”
- Hit return
- Ensure that expired certificates are visible by selecting”Show Expired Certificates” from the View menu
- Search for “Digicert”.
- Right-click the certificate with a red X and select “Delete DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA”
- The certificate may not look removed until Keychain Access is restarted
- Restart your browsers
- If problems persist, confirming your OS is up to date may help.
You should once again be able to access the affected sites.