For many years I’ve enjoyed SideTrash… but the way it’s posted only works on 10.6 and below. I’ve posting it again in a way that works on 10.6+.
Why SideTrash? Because it’s easier to drag a proxy icon to the trash in the dock, vs having to find it and delete it.
- Download from here SideTrash 1.2.dmg (2.4mb)
- Drag the SideTrash application to your Applications folder, etc
- Drag the SideTrash application to your Dock
- Take any file you’re looking at, and want to trash, and drag its proxy icon to SideTrash
- Close the file, knowing that wherever it was, it’s in the trash now.
- Repeat steps 4-6 as often as you like.
I didn’t write this, I’ve simply repackaged and signed the code written by Paolo Portaluri.